WHAT IS A SERUM AND HOW TO USE ONE?
A face serum is a thin-viscosity skincare product containing small molecules of highly concentrated amounts of active ingredients and vital nutrients.
Think of serums as a delivery system for your skin, allowing the concentrated active molecules to penetrate deeper into the skin for optimum fast results. They target skin concerns at a cellular level, helping your skin to combat many issues like acne, fine lines, pigmentation issues, redness, aging issues and inflammation, to name a few.
A serum can be formulated to be used for the face, eyes and body. It is applied after cleansing, and before moisturizing. It is important to exfoliate the skin on a regular basis, removing dead skin cells that may block the serum from soaking in fully, and reaching its full potential. To maximize the serums’ benefits, you will want to allow the serum to soak in or dry, and then apply a moisturizer or face lotion over it. Serums and moisturizers are two different products. Each provides different benefits to the skin and are needed for different things.
Frequency is important to obtain the full results intended. Using a serum on a regular daily basis ensures that you get the full results. For example, if you are using the Firm Up Serum, but are only applying it once a week, you are not going to be seeing the results you are expecting to see. That being said, keep in mind more is not always a good thing. Only use them as instructed, once or twice daily, or as needed if less. For example, using the Acne Treatment Serum more than instructed may do your skin harm and hinder the healing powers of the serum.
Layering is another great way to get the most benefits out of your products. My favorite during the dry winter months is to apply the Firm Up Serum, let it dry, and then apply the Pumpkin Carrot Seed. And, then I take it one step further, and apply my moisturizer, sealing in the serum and protecting my skin from dehydration.
WHICH SERUM FOR YOUR SKIN?
- SKIN BRIGHTENING
- ANTIOXIDANT FREE RADICAL FIGHTING
- ANTI-AGING,REPARATIVE & TEXTURE IMPROVING
- ACNE PRONE
- SENSITIVE SKIN
- FOR THE EYES
- FOR THE BODY
A MORE DETAILED LOOK AT THE SERUMS SERVELLO HAS TO OFFER YOUR SKIN
This is the perfect everyday, antioxidant packed serum for all skin types Wonderful for younger skin, to protect the skin from free radicals. Used as a preventative serum. Or can be layered , or as a daytime serum.
This free radical fighting antioxidant serum is high in vitamin C, E, and berry extracts that helps fight off the assault your skin encounters on a daily basis from free radicals. The serum gives your skin a fighting chance against the elements, age and the harm the sun does to your skin on a daily basis. Helps with fine lines, suppleness, pigmentation issues, and skin tone. We use both the water soluble(ascorbic palmitate) and oil soluble(ascorbic acid) forms of Vitamin C. We use a higher concentration of the oil soluble version because it stays active longer, does not oxidize and and is gentler on the skin.
This is the best time of year to tackle pigmentation concerns. A concentrated hyperpigmentation brightening serum will help alleviate the appearance of hyperpigmentation & dark discolored spots. This organic formula gets its’ brightening effect from all natural ingredients including organic Licorice Root Extract, Lemon Peel Bioferment, Vitamin C and servello’s own proprietary Pigmentation Aromatherapy Treatment Essential Oil Blend. Studies have shown Licorice Root Extract to be beneficial in skin lightening products, as it contains liquiritin and isoliquertin, a flavonoid containing glycosides which induce skin lightening by dispersing melanin pigment and enhancing a more even pigment distribution. It is also know for its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. Lemon Peel Bioferment is an ideal skin lightening ingredient because of its’ ability to inhibit melanogenesis by tyrosinase inhibition. Lemon Peel Bioferment is the result of macerating whole lemon fruit and incubating it with Lactobacillus lacti (the same bacteria used to produce many fermented food products like cheese and sour cream). This ferment is then further processed to remove the potential allergens, citral and geraniol. The resulting ferment is said to have both anti-tyrosinase and antioxidant activity
The name speaks for itself for this serum. This oil-free serum provides firming, hydrating and anti-aging properties to the skin. Using nature’s pallet to help fight the signs of aging, this serum was formulated with a potent blend of plant based peptides clinically shown to increase collagen & elastin, hydrating hyaluronic acid for plumping the skin and to help the skin retain moisture, powerful anti-aging & antioxidant rich extracts of hibiscus, edelweiss and green tea and soothing rose hydrosol water. The oil free formula make this a great serum for layering! During the winter months, it is great to layer it with the Pumpkin Carrot Seed Serum for extra hydration. Apply the Firm Up serum first, wait a minute for it to dry, then apply the Pumplin Carrot Seed serum
An excellent anti-aging face serum incorporating cytophylactic essential oils and pumpkin seed extract to help renew skin through cell regeneration, smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, increase firmness and elasticity & improve the skin’s vitality and tone. It may also be useful in preventing and healing the appearance of stretch marks.
Pumpkin offers many benefits to the skin:
- Ideal for fine lines, sun damaged & mature skin, and acne issues.
- Great for anti-aging needs. High in Anti-oxidants.
- Deeply exfoliates skin cells while increasing cell turnover.
- Deeply hydrates & plumps; high in Vit C, A, E & B
- Stimulates collagen production
- Refines & evens skin tone, and helps with pigmentation issues & An excellent pore refiner
- Pumpkin also decreases oxidation & free radical stress in the skin. It is extraordinarily effective for dull, sluggish skin as it stimulates circulation, promotes healing, and provides vitamin nutrition leaving skin glowing & healthy looking. If this isn’t enough, it further helps to restore elasticity while allowing ingredients to better penetrate the skin!
This serum is perfect for blemishes and acne prone skin. The servello organic oil free concentrated acne treatment serum is formulated with Organic Aloe Vera, Hyaluronic Acid, Willow Bark Extract and servello’s own proprietary Acne/Oily Aromatherapy Treatment Essential Oil Blend to naturally and gently help heal existing acne lessions & prevent new ones from occurring.
with hemp, broccoli and sunflower seed oil, + 200 mg CBD, THC-Free
A formulation of vitamin rich super seed plant oils, herbal extracts, CBD and essential oils. This quick absorbing face serum provides anti-inflammatory & anti-aging benefits, soothes & calms, deeply hydrates and protects the skin from environmental damage.
CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD, making this a great choice for face as it doesn’t contain any other compounds that you find in a hemp plant, is packed with skin rejuvenating properties and doesn’t clog pores.
- Broccoli Seed Oil: Broccoli seed oil is high in skin-soothing fatty acids like Omega 6 and 9. These nutrients deliver intense hydration without clogging pores, and also calm irritated, stressed skin. Furthermore, broccoli seed oil is quickly and easily absorbed, and works to lock-in moisture to keep the skin hydrated and resilient.
- Hemp Seed Oil: non pore clogging, Reduces inflammation, hydrates, regulates oil production, high in omega acids 3, 6, and 9, all of which help repair the skin barrier and form a seal over the skin to keep moisture trapped inside. Those same omega acids in hemp seed oil also help lower inflammation in the skin.Hemp seed oil is rich in fatty acids, which help hydrate and soothe inflamed skin, may even modulate skin oil production
- Sunflower Seed Oil: high in vitamin E, helps increase hydration by essential fatty acids can help maintain the skin barrier and decrease transepidermal water loss, has anti-inflammatory properties
- CBD isolate: antioxidant and anti inflammatory, benefits all skin types. THC free.
- Copaiba, Rosemary and Frankincense Essential Oils: Anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. increase circulation which in turn allows the blood flow to reach the skin and provide nutrients to the skin. powerful anti-oxidant which is why it has anti-aging properties. Frankincense can also help to tackle discoloration and redness which helps the skin tone look balanced and even
This lightweight gel cream is designed to help tone, firm, moisturize and protect skin from environmental stressors. We use a synergistic blend of coffee bean, hibiscus, sea kelp, tripeptides, and plant oils to help repair collagen and elastin, restore skin firmness, tone, fight free radicals and the breakdown of collagen & elastin, and hydrate & moisturize.
- coffee extract has been shown to offer benefits to tone your skin minimizing the appearance of cellulite, naturally boosts circulation, smoothes and restores elasticity
- hibiscus extract The flowers of the Hibiscus have anti-oxidant properties and inhibit elastin degradation, helping to maintain the skin’s elasticity and thereby offering anti-aging effects.
- tripepetides help to fight skin sagging by boosting hyaluronan production and improving collagen fibrillogenisis. This tripepetide has a firming and remodeling effect by stimulation of GAG (glycosaminoglycan) biosynthesis and increases Decorin and Lumican levels for better collagen fibers.
- hyaluronic acid Hyaluronic Acid occurs naturally in every tissue of the body, with the highest concentrations occurring in tissues such as skin, cartilage and eyes. Providing protection to cell structures, HA is the natural gel between skin cells that serves as a water reservoir for the cells. As we age, skin loses hyaluronic acid and the ability to hold sufficient water in this reservoir. Feeding new hyaluronic acid to skin may help hydrate skin’s intercellular reservoir, raising skin’s moisture level, and smoothing down age lines
- sea kelp extract has a high content of silicon which help invigorating skin and tissue thereby improving the appearance of wrinkles. Contains also various vitamins and minerals which nourish and soothe the skin.
- sunflower seed oil is high in vitamin E, helps increase hydration, can help maintain the skin barrier and decrease trans-epidermal water loss.